Tuesday 29 August 2017

Scotty Ball Mount System | Colin Chick

I use two different fishing kayaks. One for long distance fishing, and one for easier more comfortable fishing. The problem I have is that I only have one fish finder/GPS unit .

I could of course purchase a second transducer, but this can be very costly depending which unit you have, so realistically speaking that's not an option.
The brand of kayak I use (Wilderness Systems) has a gear track moulded and fitted as standard giving me options right from the start. 
One of the yaks has a removable Flexpod which carries the fish finder unit, battery, and transducer all in one which keeps the unit and plugs dry and free from corrosion which is a massive plus, but my second kayak does not .


The Scotty Ball Mounting system allows me to use my Raymarine Dragonfly Pro on both kayaks, and the Scotty ball on this particular item is in fact the same size as the ball used to mount the Dragonfly pro models.


The mount comes with two base platforms in the packet, so I took one base unit and mounted it to my WS Tarpon 160 and the other to the WS Flexpod.


So now depending which kayak I'm using I can easily in less than five minutes switch my fish finder to either kayak.

Early trials have gone well. A great product at a reasonable price.

2 comments:

  1. Finding the same post last week but didn't get. I'm very pleased with you. However more post about it online, but your understanding is more and more upper with users. I want to share it with my friend who has seeking like this post.
    Hello again, I have a little demand from you. Could you please help me reach out a post about best kayak fish finder. I decided to buy fish finder for me. I heard about it a very lightweight and useful thing for fishing. I also find from your blog but didn't. If you mention a post with my comment I will be very happy. Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks
    Bikash Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does the various products mentioned on the list compare, and which one can be said to be the best? https://must11.com/best-solar-generator/

    ReplyDelete